Saturday, January 28, 2012

Weekend Ramblings...

A few weekend loves/likes/wants...

An interesting wine - 2006 Goosebumps - Sparkling Shiraz made from a second fermentation of Molly Dooker's popular Blue Eyed Boy to add "sparkle" (their words).  I've been dying to try this... unfortunately, haven't had much luck finding it anywhere.

 


Such a cute song by Gloriana - Kiss Goodnight 

The greatest invention - Bodum Tumbler - A travel french press for delicious coffee even if you're running out the door. I bought one for Grace for Christmas, and I was so intrigued that I went back and got one for myself. Perfect for those of us who aren't happy (annoying) morning people. Anyone who has ever seen me before 9am knows I am one of these morning grouches... until coffee is present. 

Coffee in Valencia - my favorite

Spaghetti Pie - pasta tossed with greek olives, tomatoes, spinach & feta... then baked in the oven until the top has a nice crunch. My mom sent me a similar recipe this week... It's a different twist on a pasta dinner and it's delicious.


And finally...

A Saturday morning pep talk from my riding coach. We've been having a little trouble with the horse that I have been riding/training the last six months, and her thoughtful & helpful advice was just what I needed this morning after a frustrating warm-up. She made me realize that I need to think a little more like this.... 



and a little less like this...
 



Happy weekend everyone! Cheers for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment