Sunday, January 22, 2012

Fashion Sunday

I'm not going to pretend to have any significant insight into the fashion world in this post. I read the occasional "Vogue", and I'm slowly filling up my "Style" pin-board on Pinterest... but none of that makes me particularly chic or trendy. Instead, I want to take a second and highlight a new fad that I've noticed over the last few months... one that is particularly close to heart for this girl...  



Has anyone else noticed the equestrian fashion starting to catch on lately? Suddenly dressing like you're about to hop on a horse is stylish... with designers tending towards the tall boots and knee patches look. Hunter jackets are flooding department stores - as are the classic red "hacking jackets" (jcrew). Does this make me fashion forward? I've been rocking that look since I was a small child running up and down the barn aisles in jodhpurs and paddock boots... Well, let's be honest, growing up as an "equestrian" most certainly meant that you were "trotting" or "cantering" down the aisles - not running like any normal kid -- Man, we were cool. I'm also the most comfortable now in a pair of TS breeches and Ariat tall boots. Throw me up in a saddle and suddenly I'm in my element... ready for anything. Don't get me wrong, I understand that the fashion world sees this trend in a very different light than the horse world... but the similarities are surely amusing. 

looks familiar...

This trend isn't just on the clothing racks either. It's decor too... Maybe I'll take a few of these tips when decorating my apartment in Dallas. Would be awesome if I had unlimited funds... but for now, a girl can day dream. Can't wait!



courtesy of Elements of Style


Hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend. Cheers for now... 

1 comment:

  1. I love all your updates!! I want to hear more about NYC asap! I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete