Monday, January 9, 2012

I wanna quit the gym...

I know, I know… everyone in the entire world has their New Year’s resolutions going full force right now (gotta shed those holiday lbs) and suddenly I utter such an absurdity? It’s true though. I wanna quit the gym. It has nothing to do with the actual act of exercising, which I usually enjoy. It has everything to do with this particular gym’s complete and utter ghetto-ness (for lack of a better word… or for lack of an actual word). On a regular night it takes me at least three attempts before I finally find a treadmill that functions properly -- By “attempts” I am referring to: getting on the machine… realizing it only increases speed but won’t decrease… followed by a highly awkward (and might I add "un-athletic") maneuver where I lift myself off the platform, slam the emergency stop button, and start it all over again on the machine to the left or right. With all these new, resolution-inspired athletes now packing in… lately, I’m lucky if there is even anything available. It doesn’t help that the only thing playing on the one TV up front is some god awful Bieber video over and over again... which I will ultimately hum for the rest of the night because those tunes are just so damn catchy.

The only things pushing me through this are my snazzy, green, running kicks (given to me by some pretty awesome relatives over Christmas) and the hopes of an early spring... 

No comments:

Post a Comment