Monday, February 20, 2012

Vermont Getaway

A few snapshots & stories from my weekend in Vermont with Grace...

As soon as I got to VT on Saturday afternoon, we hopped back into the car and drove up to the Burton flagship store. After about an hour wandering around and trying on all of Burton's new gear, we headed outside for a "Rail Jam". In case you're wondering, Grace and I did not partake in the actual event... just the free hot chocolate. This we followed with Thai food, champagne and a night which made me miss college even more than I already do...

the evolution of the snowboard

After a late night, the 8 am alarm wasn't exactly welcomed; however, we dragged ourselves out of bed anyways and headed to the mountain. No regrets. We spent all day Sunday at Stowe, where we showed off just how "steezy" (style with ease) we are/aren't on the slopes. It always amazes me how awkward I feel at first... compared to how natural it feels to have a snowboard attached to my feet at the end of the day. After a full six hours of shredding (snowboarding term for being awesome), we packed it up and headed back to the apartment. On our way, we swung by the Vermont Cabot store. My weekend discovery: Vermont LOVES giving away free cheese. Which fits in rather nicely with my love for cheese and free things...


Summit of Stowe

Last run of the day
  
Monday, we went on a hiking adventure just outside of Burlington. The trails wrap around a working farm which produces its own bread, pastries, cheese, etc... (more free samples, yum!)

the farm barn
The area was beautiful, despite the freezing temps, and the uphill climb was well worth it for the view of Lake Champlain and the mountains in the backdrop.

hiking trails

Lake Champlain

Overall, it was a perfect weekend... I love spending time with Grace and all the ridiculous situations we get ourselves into along the way. I had little interest in driving the four hours back to Boston this evening... back to real life tomorrow.

Cheers for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment