Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day



I know there are a lot of people out there that hate this holiday, but I am most certainly not one of them. Yes, I agree the rush of flowers, over-priced menus & hearts splattered everywhere is a bit overdone for my tastes… but what holiday isn’t? What holiday hasn’t been exaggerated and distorted by the hallmark companies? 

Just like Christmas isn’t about the presents, Valentine’s day isn’t about the fancy dinner or box of candy. It’s about love. I guess I just like the idea of an entire day where people are expected to slow down, toss aside their cynical views of the world and show the people in their lives just how much they matter. To be fair... this is probably something we should do every single day, not just when stores start packing heart-shaped candy onto their shelves. Life is busy and schedules get messy, but at the end of the day none of that matters. What matters is the people in your life that make even the smallest moments that much better.

Plus, I would be lying if I said I hated those heart-shaped chocolates everywhere. And nobody likes a liar. Happy Valentine's Day everyone!



1 comment:

  1. had I known that we were the only two that did not loathe despise and abominate Vday I would have peer pressured you into champagne. any reason to celebrate really!

    ReplyDelete