Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I should be sleeping...

I should be sleeping. I should be exhausted. This last month has been an absolute whirlwind, which should have me pining for the comfort of my own bed and an actual 8 hours of sleep... but instead I'm wide awake. I'm thinking about everything that's coming in the next two months. That's it! That's all that's left! Packing, moving, a new apartment, an empty room in Boston where my whole life used to reside. I'm thinking about how different my life is now, compared to a year ago. A year ago, I was exactly where I thought I would be after college. I was surrounded by friends and family. I could pack the car and make a day trip to my parent's house in CT on a complete whim... and I never worried about falling asleep in an empty house because there never was one. In two months... well, I guess I don't need to tell you that a day trip to CT is out of the question.

When it comes right down to it, this was my choice. Nobody signed those papers for me. This is what I wanted. Want. I need to stay in present tense. I want this. I want to challenge myself. To prove that I am not only capable of moving across the country alone, but also able to enjoy it. Then why does it keep me up every night?

1 comment: